16 March 2021 Estimated time: ~1 min.
Crystal therapy dates back to antiquity, the Sumerians being the first people to heal their bodies with semi-precious stones, to ward off negative energies, but also physical diseases.
In the Middle Ages, crystals were used as medicines or as lucky talismans, but it was also believed to help those who wear them to acquire magical powers.
It is said that any physical illness has, in fact, an energetic cause, and crystal therapy unlocks the flow of energy in the body. Thus, crystals act simultaneously on a physical, mental and spiritual level. Through therapy, subtle energies are realigned and imbalances are neutralized.
Adherents of this therapy believe that by rebalancing the chakras with the help of crystals, many physical and mental illnesses can even be cured. Moreover, crystals can also be used for energetic cleansing and purification of spaces, having the same powers of removing negative energies as aromatherapy.
Crystals are strong when worn as jewelry, held in the hand during meditations, placed on injured or sick areas or in the home. Some people sleep with crystals near or under the bed and claim that it helps them to sleep peacefully.
They can be placed near the heart, for emotional balance or on the forehead, for better mental clarity.
The most popular crystals and their powers
- Emerald strengthens love, regulates metabolism, strengthens the immune system
- Heliotrope jasper is a powerful healer, it banishes evil and negativity. In ancient times, this crystal was considered a talisman for health, long life, luck, wealth.
- Jade is a stone that purifies energies, protects and helps the energy of love. The message of jade is "Love yourself and accept yourself as you are!"
- Pink quartz, also called "love stone", emanates a velvety and gentle energy, being the first to help us in emotional problems. Pink quartz attracts love and heals the soul from painful memories. You can place it in the middle of the house, in the bedroom or in the child’s room, but also in the wallet, or you can wear it as jewelry.
- Amethyst is a very strong crystal, with a protective role and very high vibration
- Ruby, in the case of the disordered and emotional, helps shy people to have more confidence in themselves and to impose themselves
- Garnet is used for problems in the intimate area (inflammation, infections), menstrual disorders and erection
- Purple quartz has a great power on people who want to get rid of addictions - fear, desire for revenge, alcoholism, smoking
- Smoky quartz dissolves anger and feelings of frustration. Calms, absorbs negative energies
- The hawk’s eye increases self-confidence
- Hematite purifies the blood, strengthens the circulatory system and liver. It forms a protective screen of the body against low vibration energies
- Golden topaz is very helpful in depressive states.