Gel manicure – Pros & Cons
7 July 2020 Estimated time: ~2 min.
Gel manicure is gaining more and more followers, although the controversies regarding this nail beautification technique are not few.
We have gathered in this article some advantages and disadvantages of the procedure, so that you can make the best decision regarding your nails.
• The nails look impeccable, and the manicure lasts for weeks
• With the help of the gel you can easily adjust the shape of the natural nail and you can even "build" new, longer and stronger nails.
• Gel manicure allows you to obtain patterns, nail designs and textures that can not be obtained by classic or semi-permanent manicure. Also, along with the gel can be applied on the nail chic accessories such as little rhinestones.
• The price of a gel manicure is about 4-5 times higher than the price of a classic manicure.
• Repeated use of the technique may increase the risk of skin cancer and premature aging of the skin on the hands.
• The natural nail becomes thinner and more sensitive over time.
• Gel manicure is difficult to remove at home, so if you get bored of the model on your nails or want to give up this technique, you need to go to the salon to perform another model or to remove the gel.
Tip: Before you get to the salon for a gel manicure, apply a cream with high SPF on your hands: this way, you will protect your skin from the ultraviolet radiation used to seal the nail polish. Do not allow the manicurist to push too much or cut the cuticle, as this could cause an infection / inflammation.